Kozmo Kringle

Kozmo Kringle
our first day together - December 2011

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Clean dogs get into trouble

Kozmo has been a very busy dog. I was out of town for four days which left Kozmo alone with his other human. Kozmo and his other human started their long weekend without me by going to agility class together. Apparently Kozmo did well. He started out with two jumps in a row. The tunnel was in the room, but the dogs were supposed to work on the two jumps before adding the tunnel. Kozmo wanted to go through the tunnel and wouldn't stop after the second jump. Finally the trainer allowed him to go through and it sounds like he really had fun doing two jumps and the tunnel in a sequence. The tunnel was stretched out longer with a bend and it didn't phase him. I am so disappointed that I missed Kozmo's first jump through the tire. I can't wait for class this week to see how much he has learned and watch as he tries new obstacles.

Based on my daily updates from the other human it seems that Kozmo did one mischievous thing each of the days I was out of town. One night he backed out of his collar and ran around the neighbors yards for a while until he was corralled back into the house. From what I understand, Kozmo was trying to dig a tunnel to China in our neighbors yard and was distracted enough the larger and stronger other human was able to scoop Kozmo up and carry him back in the house. The next days adventure simply proves that he loves to dig. Kozmo dug all of the dirt out of a pot containing our only houseplant that has survived Sparky.

Finally my trip was coming to an end and as I was driving home I got a photo on my cell phone that showed my sweet Kozmo lying on his bed, ears back, the corner of the love seat, and piles of white stuffing everywhere. Kozmo decided to eat the love seat. The other human was a bit frustrated. I missed Kozmo and he sweet face so much I didn't care. I never really liked that love seat and I stopped watering that stupid plant years ago.

The other human and I only overlapped being at home together for a few hours before he left on a trip. Last night I was in charge of Kozmo. I am happy to report the little angel didn't destroy anything. He was too tired. I took Kozmo on his favorite trail and let him run off leash. A small stream runs along this trail and Kozmo charged right into the water. Kozmo kept running into the water trying to bite at the water. Then he would run into another area and smack his front paws on the water and make a big splash of water and mud. He alternated between playing in the water and running in very fast large circles around me and proudly jumping over logs. Every so often he came charging at me just to wipe a little mud on my legs before continuing on with this very fun, muddy adventure. He had so much fun and we both returned home covered in mud. A tired dog is a good dog.

(The other human will not be pleased to see our white dog turned brown from mud, but I win points for being the fun human with Kozmo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment